Sunday, September 5, 2010

What a month it has been...

It has been nearly a month since I last informed everyone that Major Dad was back in the USA. Well, as you can see the girls were very happy to see Daddy get off that bus back on August 10th.

Since then, we've been a family of leisure. Major Dad won' t be going back to his full time job until early October so he's been plowing through his long time "honey do" list and taking lots of afternoon naps and getting hooked on some computer game called "Civilizations". It has become obvious to me that when Major Dad needs to creep away into his "man cave", he pulls out his laptop and consumes himself in this game. I don't ask any questions...just let him play. :)

I had hoped to be sharing good news that I was starting back to work, but a few promising leads have not panned out. However, I am more hopeful that something will come along sooner rather than later. At any rate, during this time of leisure, I have taken up a new hobby. I have begun sewing!! Who would have ever thought that I would sew?? I started by making some little travel laundry bags...no pattern, just straight stitches learning how to not be afraid of the sewing machine...but they are very cute...very easy...and very "green". (haha) That's my sales pitch...buy one of these so you don't have to throw anymore of those hotel plastic bags into the landfill!! :) ANYWAY, while visiting my in-laws, my MIL helped me with my first pattern project...a cute little dress for 'Retta. We completed it. 'Retta has worn it, and it's made it through the wash...I call that success! Since then, I have made the same dress for my friend's daughter, and I have incorrectly cut a corduroy fabric requiring me to purchase another 1.5 yard of fabric. You win some...you lose some, I guess. But I'm still plugging along...I have two dresses to make before fall weather gets here!


Our sweet 'Retta has successfully completed her Potty Training!! What an event that has been!?!? I fretted for at least 6 months about getting her potty trained, and then one weekend I put her in some panties and it was as if she was training herself!!!

Congratulations my "big girl"!!!












And finally our sweetheart baby girl has finally decided it's time to walk!! She took her first steps just days before her Daddy returned home, but didn't really walk until the week he was home. Now she's toddling around all over the place. :) THANK GOODNESS...I am not a parent that misses carrying her babies around. I say, LET THEM WALK! :)

One day I hope to get a picture of 'Retta and E'beth walking down the sidewalk holding hands. It is the most adorable sight...it means more to me, I guess, because I know how 'Retta interacts with E'beth on a daily basis. They are truely becoming best friends.

Congratulations my baby girl!!
(Now let's work on getting some more teeth!)

No comments:

Post a Comment