OK, so I've been in a bit of a funk for the past few weeks. The winter along with sick kids and everything else was really doing a number on me. I fell off my weight loss wagon, and slacked off on my trips to the gym. So, I've been working extra hard to get my butt off the couch and back on my workout plan...today...for the first time (ever)...I RAN for 1 full hour...that totaled 5.22 miles! It felt GREAT...bring on that 8K.
So, Major Dad sent a sweet surprise to the girls this week. For those who may not know, the USO has a program called United Through Reading where soldiers can record themselves reading a book to their kids. Then the book and the DVD are mailed home for the kids to enjoy. 'Retta and Elizabeth received their first books and DVD this week. "Retta now has a new favorite book...the one daddy sent "from the office". Tonight, she only wanted one book to read before going to bed...it makes my heart ache to think about how much that simple book means to her. Oh how I look forward to having Major Dad home.
We are about to enter the "Birthday Season" in our household. I seem to spend a little time each day thinking about or doing something to prepare for these big events! I think I take after my mom...she always wanted birthdays to be the special day for everybody...it's the one day each year that is totally yours...I want that tradition to be a part of our household.
Well, I'm tired (as usual)...I can't think about this blog anymore.
Major Dad's book brought tears to my eyes. I'm sure that means the world to the girls.
ReplyDeleteGreat job with the running! I'm extra motivated to get off my butt today!