Well, here we are at the end of July. It's been a HOT, HUMID, summer with lots of afternoon rain showers to teach me that I must do my yard work in the morning!
Major Dad will be departing Iraq soon for his journey home. He is coming home earlier than expected to great joy and relief in our household. Our girls have held up well this past year. I'm so blessed. 'Retta is certainly eagerly anticipating Daddy's homecoming. Although, sometimes I wonder if she's just not looking for a reason to throw a party. :) I've been hoping and praying that our little E'beth would start toddling around before Daddy gets back so she could walk to him, but she is taking her own sweet little time with that task. She can go up and down stairs with ease and walk behind all sorts of rolling toys, but she will not let go and walk. It could still happen though!
Now that this chapter is winding down, I've been thinking (stressing) about my next chapter. I have been a stay at home mom with a little help from daycare this past year. I desperately want to get out of the house and work again, but I'm finding it difficult to even get an interview these days. Unfortunately, I don't know if it's because of my resume or the general state of our economy so that adds to my stress level. Add to that a rather unfortunate event earlier this year (May to be exact). I actually had to turn down a job offer! Well, I thought at the time I had to. Logistically, the job was the exact opposite direction of our daycare. I couldn't figure out how I was going to get them to school and me to work on time then picked up in the afternoons for 3 months before Major Dad got home. So I let it go...how could I have done that! Hind sight is 20/20 of course, but why didn't I just ask them if I could work a modified schedule...9 -4 until Major Dad was home??? I panicked back then...was scared...and let a good opportunity go. Everyone says, something else will come along. But will it?? I also feel a desperate need to contribute to the family finances. I am GREAT at finding places to spend our money, and because of that I need to be contributing. I'm scared that we can't live on one income. I know so many people do it, but we are used to taking vacations and buying stuff when we get the urge. I'm scared that we (I) won't be able to scale back. But let's bring this full circle...I don't want to scale back because I don't want to stay at home...why can't I figure this out!!
Maybe I better end this now before I bring everyone down. Also, it's lightening and I'm sitting on the porch. I feel like I'm sitting here with a lightening rod in my lap. Maybe crazy, but I'm going to head inside now. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment