Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Back to Work...

This week is a big week for our household...Mark and I both start back to work this week.  Mark started back yesterday and I start back tomorrow.  And the kids are wondering what the heck is going on...they're being woken up before the sun comes up and staying longer at school...we are rockin' their world!!

After two years of being out of the workforce, I am both excited and terrified to go back to work.  I have been longing for this day for quite some time, but now that it is upon me I am having some anxiety about the whole thing (even having "bad dreams" about it).  I never expected to have this reaction...I have never experienced this much self doubt.  The good thing is that this job is not going to be a particularly high stress job like those of my past.  Hopefully, this will aid in my transition.  Unfortunately, this is a contract position so their is no guarantee that I will still be employeed in 3 months, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that I show them I am capable of doing the job and doing it well.

Mark went back to work yesterday...when I dropped the girls off at school this morning, Ms. Chris (E'beth's teacher) gave a comical yet accurate description of his first day back.  Upon picking them up yesterday, Ms. Chris said that he looked "WIPED OUT".  It's hard to shake off the cobwebs after sitting around the house for 8 weeks!!  (haha)  I think he's happy to be getting back to a normal routine...two adults with small children lounging around the house all day is NOT normal...

Well, I have 13 days until the Half Marathon.  I have ran 2 ten milers in the past couple of weeks (with hills no less).  I am growing weary of the training thing so I'm ready to get this race under my belt.  I can picture that wonderful "13.1" sticker on the back of my van now...I surprise even myself at how much that darn sticker means to me!  Whatever it takes, right?  (Mark thinks I'm crazy...)

1 comment:

  1. Wow a Half Marathon!! Best of luck...and I think those 13.1 stickers are very cool.

    ReplyDelete