Monday, November 8, 2010

What a month...

So, my last post informed everyone that I was heading back to work.  So far so good with the job.  But since starting back to work, we've had such a hectic last half of the month...

First, after many weeks of training, I completed my FIRST (and hopefully not last) Half Marathon!!  I picked Myrtle Beach for the event because I could be assurred of a FLAT course.  I knew I'd need all the help I could get to complete 13.1 miles.  I used to think people were CRAZY for WANTING to run that kind of a distance...frankly, I still do.  I trained and ran with a dear friend which I'm convinced is a must.  There were definitely days and weeks of low points during the training (for both of us).  Without my running buddy, I don't think I would have stuck with it.  So, the official result and particulars...I finished in 2:39:35...I ran out of gas at mile 12 (hugely disappointing).  Unfortunately, my goal was to RUN the entire distance...I didn't do that so I was slightly disappointed with myself.  I KNOW...I'M CRAZY.  Nonetheless, my Honda Odyssey now showcases a beautiful pink 13.1 sticker (that's why I ran this darn race...I wanted the sticker).  Also, the disappointment means I will be attempting to RUN another half marathon...just not sure when...stay tuned!
Of course, I have to provide you with pictures from the event...Jessie, my running buddy...me and 'Retta running to the finish line.



To close out the month, we had HALLOWEEN...what I said would be a non event in our house has morphed into quite an event.  We are having lots of fun with the girls.  There's not much to describe...everyone knows what Halloween is so just enjoy the photos...

Boo in the Zoo - Greenville, SC

'Retta and friend Carson getting ready for Book in the Zoo

What a crew...

Wonderwoman has left the building...meet Mr. and Mrs. Incredible!

2 comments:

  1. Ryan thinks your costumes should be tighter...
    Hope your next half is Nashville. good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thankful that my costume WASN'T any tighter!! :) Nashville is looking promising from this end. I'll let you know...

    ReplyDelete