I'm not sure if this will become a "tradition", but we spent the morning with friends at Monkey Joe's running, jumping, and playing on all varieties of inflatables with a little bit of visiting for the adults. Then lunch...FREE ICE CREAM! We got back home just in time to greet Granny and Pop-Pop who drove up from Murrells Inlet...they had NO IDEA what they were getting into...more on that in a minute. Then last night, we went to Church to "celebrate Jesus" (Loretta's words). Home in time for a quick bowl of Chili Mac while watching "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" (in our new PJs...2nd year in a row...hoping for a tradition). Ah, then the long awaited "bed time". Loretta has really gotten the Santa concept this year...she's in hook, line, and sinker which should foreshaddow for you what bed time was like. She was so excited and so tired she just couldn't get that little body to slow down for sleep. The last conversation I had with her (after 9 pm) was her saying, "WAIT! Moma! I think I heard something...I think I heard a sleigh". But she finally went down, and Santa finally came...
Santa was good to the girls this year...they both got bikes. Elizabeth's is called a Skut. It doesn't have pedals so she just "walks" it around with the intent of teaching her how to balance on it. She's a little too short for it at the moment, but maybe by Springtime. Santa was also good to Mark. Aparently, he (with Loretta) had wished upon a "wishing star" for a WHITE CHRISTMAS. And boy, have we gotten that!! It started snowing around 8 am this morning and hasn't stopped!! We have at least 7-8 inches on the ground...and you know what that means...
Yep...the snowblower was in full force this afternoon. And lucky for Mark, it's snowed enough since doing this, he'll be able to do it again tomorrow! You can see by the picture just how much snow there is. Like I said, Granny and Pop-Pop had no idea what they were in for when they left Murrells Inlet.
Finally, a few more photos of the day...
No comments:
Post a Comment