While I'm having a Bah Humbug Christmas season, Loretta and Elizabeth are experiencing the merriness that surrounds the season.
Me:
I have the house decorated, but it was a chore...just didn't enjoy it like I usually do. The Christmas shopping is almost complete, but was an uninspired event. The Christmas cards just arrived, but again it feels more like a chore. And last but not least...I have to make cookies for the girl's teachers...no motivation! Bah Humbug...
Loretta:
Has been TOTALLY engaged in the decoration process! She was sooo excited to help put the decorations this year. It was rather funny and cute to watch and experience her joy. We spend all day Saturday putting the tree up, and she "patiently" waited for Mom and Dad to get the tree up (fake tree = spreading of branches = long time) and get the lights on. Then, I gave her 3 boxes of ornaments (non breakable), and let her go to work. And she put EVERY last one of them on the tree!! Once done, she stood back, admired, and proclaimed, "Mommy, what a beautiful tree"! She enjoyed the experience so much that she wants to rearrange her ornaments ALL THE TIME. :) I guess age 3 the year that kids really "get" Christmas. I haven't even touched on her Christmas Pageant songs that she comes home singing...it is ADORABLE!
Elizabeth:
She is VERY taken with the Christmas tree. Her eyes get all bright and big smiles come up when she sees it all lit up. She too wants to touch the ornaments so you hear a lot of "Elizabeth, NO TOUCHING" in our house right now. :)
The past few months have seen a rise in Elizabeth's crying fits and sensitivity to strangers so I am debating on whether to even attempt the Santa Claus picture this year. I have no motivation to experience the terror Santa could inflict on my baby girl...time will tell if the 2010 Photo book has a picture of Santa in it...
For your enjoyment...below are a few pictures that Loretta has taken with her camera (warning...not the best resolution...it's a kid's camera!).










No comments:
Post a Comment