Also, I have begun the party preparations for Elizabeth's 1st birthday. I was running errands this afternoon and found myself feeling a little sad. I asked myself, "Why are you so sad?" And as I pondered that questions, I found myself admitting that this birthday has bitter-sweet components to it. Major Dad isn't here...this is our last 1st birthday...however, no more formula and bottles scattered all over the countertop...we're moving quickly to the walking stage...my girls are starting to interact and play with each other. So, this birthday signifies the closing of a chapter and the beginning of another. It's the closing of the chapter that has me sad. Someone should have warned me about the sadness that accompanies the "ending" of phases for your last child. It's not that you want to go back to those moments again, but to see them passing by for the final time tugs at the heart strings.
OK, so here are the pics...
You look great Molly! I totally relate to the sadness about the first birthday with the second child. It goes by so much more quickly. Happy Birthday Elizabeth!
ReplyDelete