At any rate, I'm going to try to be better at posting the events of this Slacker and the family.
Major Dad Update:
He's doing well. His job is just not as "exciting" as it was the last time so I just don't have any stories to pass along. Our weekly Skype dates have been really nice...more so for the girls and Mark than for me. It seems that I spend most of my time running around taking care of one kid or the other while Mark is spending time with the other. It's a bit of a stressful hour for me, but I usually get a few minutes near the end of the hour to talk to him. The last time we talked, 'Retta made me "put daddy on the ground" so she could show him how she could spin a toy around. Maybe I'm the only one who finds that amusing...
The light at the end of the tunnel is coming into sight. I have officially started counting down the WEEKS until he's home. And, I've already started making a list of all the things we're going to do when he's home...he gets updates on this list periodically. :)
I know you're wondering when he's coming home, but unfortunately, I can't "publish" what I know specifically at this time. Just know, we are getting closer to his homecoming.
The Girls:
Elizabeth has FINALLY decided to start standing up!! This child has taken her own sweet time mastering every milestone! Not to be comparing the two girls, but Loretta had started walking by this time...E'beth has been about 2 months behind Loretta on hitting major milestones. So I expect her to be walking by July. She is such a happy little girl, BUT it appears she's going to have her mama's temper (poor girl). She has begun throwing temper tantrums like nobody's business!! If E'beth ain't happy....ain't NOBODY happy! :)
What can I say about 'Retta...she makes me laugh daily...and she tries my nerves daily. I had heard that 3's were worth than the 2's. I don't think I'll be arguing with that. (and she's not technically 3 yet!!!) A couple of stories about her...
Today, as I was getting her out of the car, she said the following: "I was playing with Jacob, and I told him...you do that again, and you can't marry me!"
She's also learning the art of manipulation...almost daily I get something to the effect: "I sure wish I could have a (fill in the blank)"
She's learning how to pedal her tricycle (aka her scooter). The other day she said, "Mama, I sure wish I had a bell on my scooter." Well, what mother could resist that...a few days later, I put a Disney Princess's bell on her "scooter". All neighbors around us know when 'Retta is riding her bike...she's become quite astute at pedaling and ringing the bell at the same time! She also will call out "red light" and stop. Then, when the light turns green, she rings her bell before starting to pedal...it really is quite cute.
Oh, 'Retta has started swim lessons (without mama in the pool). First day, not so good. Couldn't get her to sit on the edge of the pool. After class, she said, "I sure wish I could have a lollipop." So mama (in her wisdom), said that if she would get in the pool with Mr. Bob (the instructor) on Thursday she would get a lollipop. Surprisingly, IT WORKED! She did everything Mr. Bob asked her to do...she was a little scared, but she was very brave!
We spent the weekend at Papaw Joe Joe's this past weekend...the girls had their first boat ride (shhh...don't tell Major Dad).
Here are some pics of recent events:
No comments:
Post a Comment