Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Loretta is growing up...

Today Loretta had a dentist appointment...a seemingly insignificant event, right? 

Mark was tagged to take her, and this was his first dental experience (with one of the girls).  I, of course, gave him the "lo down"...they'll let you go back with her, she usually gets a little scared, but she generally does what they ask her do, let her take ducky with her for comfort, blah, blah, blah...

I couldn't wait to call to find out how she did and get the "play by play", so I called Mark as soon as I thought she'd be done.  I wanted him to tell me every detail of the visit...literally!  This is my baby girl!!  So, you can imagine my surprise when Mark informed me that my little Loretta went back BY HERSELF.  I am SO proud of her for doing that, and at the same time, I am so sad.  This is just the first of many moments of my little girl stepping into this world on her own...without me beside her, holding her hand.

What a bittersweet job to have...to prepare your children to be independent and self-sufficient members of society which means you spend your time giving your children the tools they need to NOT NEED YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment