I went to Target today for a quick errand. As I pulled into the parking space, I saw a buggy (shopping cart) propped up against a curb that outlines a landscaped area. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. We've all seen carts left in places other than the cart return.
How many of you have rolled your eyes and made a negative judgment about the person who couldn't be bothered with putting the cart back where it belongs??? I know I've been guilty of this on more than one occasion.
Next time you see one of those carts, remember this story. I was out one day at Bed Bath & Beyond with my 2 girls. We had walked into the store and gotten a cart which the girls were riding in. After making our purchases, I needed the buggy to get the girls and the loot back to the car. Once there, I loaded everyone into the car and put the purchases in the back. I turned to located the nearest cart return to discover there weren't any. I had to girls strapped into their car seats, it was 30 degrees outside, and I was too far away from the store to feel comfortable leaving the girls alone in the car. What do you do??? With great humility and hesitation, I did the thing I have always been disgusted by...I left the cart propped up on the curb. I was humiliated!!!
So today, when I ran across that cart at Target. I did not judge the person who left it there. I merely grabbed it and took it into the store with me. It just goes to show, you never know the circumstances behind someone's actions.
No comments:
Post a Comment