Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year...


Well, it's time to say good-bye to 2009. What a year it's been. We began our adventures in Kindermusik in January (what a blessing), our baby girl was born in April, 'Retta turned 2 in June, I started the BCFW - Asheville Chapter (Book Club For Women) in September, and Major Dad, for all intense purposes, left to begin his deployment training in June...with lots of smiles, laughs, and a few tears in between.

So, what does 2010 hold in store for us...for starters, Mark will officially leave the country in 2010. I can't believe I've been "single parenting" for 6 months and he's still in the U.S.!! I guess you can look at that in two ways...on the one hand he's safe in the US...on the other hand, he's still in the US!! (ha, ha) Please pray that he will return home SAFELY in 2010!

I guess this is the time of day where we make our soon to be broken New Year's Resolutions...so I will play along...

1. I resolve to stay strong for my children while my husband is away serving our country. I pray for patience and strengh during this time.

2. On April 24th, I will run the "Angels Among Us" 5K run in Raleigh (at Duke's Campus). As part of this resolution, I will be raising money for the Angels Among Us organization which raises money for The Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center at Duke. As many of you know, my mother passed away in 2001 from a primary brain tumor. I have long been looking for a way to honor her, and hopefully help in the search for a cure for this type of cancer. Late this year, I ran across the Angels Among Us organization. So 2010 will hopefully be the start of many opportunities to support The Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center at Duke.

3. Staying with the running theme...I have never ran more than a 5K race so in 2010 I intend to run in the FunFest Crazy 8's 8K run. That's in July so I've got plenty of time to add those last 3K.

4. I resolve to figure out what is causing all my aches and pains. While I'm no spring chicken anymore, I am too young (I think) to be experienceing the amount of pain (hip, both elbows, and both knees) that I am experiencing.

5. I resolve to stick with my Weight Watchers and hit my 10% target and strive to go beyond the 10% target before the end of 2010!

Well, it's out there...now everyone reading this can hold me accountable to these resolutions.

In closing, my daughter has a special New Year's wish for everyone...


HAPPY 2010!!!


1 comment:

  1. Harding loved watching Loretta say Happy New Year. What a cutie! Happy New Year to you guys also!

    ReplyDelete